|1. We have to like you. You need to have a nice personality and be able to fit in with us and our other franchisees. We're all fun people and get on famously.
2. You must have the enthusiasm for what we do and it obviously helps to like Christmas.
3. You must be able to market and sell the concept and be comfortable to talk with potential customers.
4. You must be driven to succeed, no-one will hand you a pay check on Friday afternoon.
5. You must be self motivated to get up in the morning and get on with what you've been shown to make your business successful.
6. You must be polite and be able to deal with your customers professionally and efficiently.
7. You must be willing to work incredibly hard for a few months of the year. By incredibly hard we mean 10 to 15 hours a day, 7 days a week. Some work will be outdoors so will also involve being exposed to all weather conditions.
8. While we can teach you everything you need to know about Christmas decorating you must have a keen eye for what looks good.
9. A certain level of computer skills is important for working with spreadsheets, writing proposals and making computer generated images of how a customer's property will look after it's decorated. Of course we teach you how to use this simple software.
10. You need to have the financial ability to take on this business. Finance is available to spread the cost over the term of the franchise, however you need to support yourself in the interim.
11. You need to be realistic. This is not a get rich quick scheme. It is a genuine, highly profitable and enjoyable business for those who are prepared to work hard at it and grow it over a few years. Any day dreamers who have read about franchises that deliver riches in the first couple of years need to dream on elsewhere.
12. Support from spouse, friends and family is important especially if you have children. In years 2 and 3 it can get intense, after all you are earning a lot of money in a short space of time!
13. Honesty. We don't do bulls$@t.
14. Focus. We've made all the mistakes and done all the hard work. Listen to us and remain focused on the system that works and don't try to re-invent the wheel.
15. Co-operation. Although you will own your own business you need to work with the whole head office team and fellow franchisees for the greater good for all.